A person has died of injuries sustained in bomb attacks on a pro-Kurdish campaign rally in southeastern Turkey, increasing the number of fatalities to three.
According to reports on Saturday, the victim succumbed to wounds inflicted in twin explosions targeting a rally of Peoples’ Democratic Party, known by its Turkish acronym HDP, in the city of Diyarbakir. The blasts left two people killed on the spot and over 100 others injured.
“There are 30 people who are critically wounded and their treatment continues,” said HDP Co-Chairman Selahattin Demirtas, adding, “It was a huge massacre attempt. The aim in Diyarbakir was for hundreds of people to die in the explosions.”

The Kurdish politician also hailed the appropriate reaction of the people at the site of the incident, saying, “The responsible actions of people in Diyarbakir prevented a bigger massacre.”
He also censured Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan for not immediately condemning the "savage attack.”
“He may have tried to reach me, but whether he reached me or not is not important,” Demirtas stated.
Earlier in the day, Turkish Prime Minister Ahmet Davutoglu denounced the incident as an act of “sabotage and provocation” ahead of the country’s parliamentary elections.
“The investigation is continuing but it is clear that it is sabotage, a provocation and an incident of violence,” he said, adding, “A dirty hand is involved, this dirty hand has to be exposed.”

Davutoglu, however, warned the opposition against using the fatal blasts as an excuse to criticize the ruling Justice and Development Party (AKP).
“If accusations are made even implicitly, I will react to them in a clear and open way,” the premier stated.
Meanwhile, the Turkish police said the explosive chemical compound of TNT caused at least one of the blasts, while “cell phone mechanisms” were used as detonator.
FNR/HSN/HMV