Israel’s Gaza truce violations
Israel has launched new strikes on northern and southern parts of the Gaza Strip as the regime continues to violate the ceasefire in place in the Palestinian territory since October. The Israeli regime has targeted a neighborhood in Gaza’s northern city of Beit Lahia with airstrikes and artillery. Eastern parts of Rafah city in the south were also targeted by the regime’s tanks and helicopters. Gaza Government Media Office has reported nearly 500 breaches of the US brokered ceasefire in just 44 days. It has said these violations constitute a flagrant breach of international humanitarian law and the humanitarian protocol attached to the agreement. It stated that since the ceasefire came into effect, over 340 Palestinians have been killed in the regime’s attacks, with children, women, and the elderly making up the majority of the victims. The death toll from the Israeli genocide now exceeds 69,700, with nearly 170,900 others injured.
Slamming Israeli terrorism
The Hezbollah resistance movement has confirmed the martyrdom of its senior commander, Haytham Ali Al-Tabtabai, during a Sunday Israeli airstrike on the Lebanese capital, Beirut. In its statement, the movement said Al-Tabtabai was martyred in Israel’s “treacherous” strike on the Haret Hreik district in Beirut’s southern suburbs. It described him as a committed commander whose sacrifice inspired the resistance with hope, resolve, and strength in its battle against the enemy. Hezbollah stressed that following his martyrdom, resistance fighters will move forward with steadfastness and courage to defeat all projects of the Zionist enemy and its main supporter, the United States. Israel’s attack on Beirut killed at least five people and wounded 20 others. The strike marks another flagrant violation of the ceasefire agreement signed between the regime and Lebanon a year ago. Israel has carried out near-daily attacks on southern Lebanon since then. However, this is the first time in months that Beirut has come under attack.
Peshawar bombing
Gunmen have attacked the headquarters of Pakistan’s Federal Constabulary in Peshawar, killing at least three officers. The complex was struck by two bombers, with one detonating explosives at the main entrance and another entering the compound. The assault also left at least six civilians injured, who were rushed to local hospitals. Security forces, including army and police units, have cordoned off the area amid fears more attackers may be inside. The headquarters is located in a crowded district near a military camp. No group has claimed responsibility, although a group known as Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan, has been blamed for similar attacks in the past. The surge in violence has further strained relations between Islamabad and Afghanistan’s Taliban government, which Pakistan accuses of harboring militants since the 2021 takeover.