News   /   Defense

'War beyond the region': IRGC vows to 'lay enemies in black dust' if Iran faces new aggression

An Iranian missile is launched during a military exercise in the Persian Gulf. (File photo)

The Islamic Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC) has warned that if aggression against Iran is repeated, the regional war that had previously been promised will this time be extended beyond the region, and that devastating blows would be delivered from places the enemy cannot imagine.

In a statement issued on Wednesday, the IRGC addressed the United States directly, saying the "American-Zionist enemy" has failed to learn from repeated major strategic defeats at the hands of the Islamic Revolution and has once again resorted to threats.

"Although they attacked us with the full capabilities of two armies – the most expensive armies in the world – we did not bring all the capacities of the Islamic Revolution into action against them," the statement said.

"But now, if aggression against Iran is repeated, the regional war that had been promised will this time be drawn beyond the region, and our crushing blows will lay you in black dust in places you cannot imagine."

The statement, issued under the Qur'anic verse "Fight the leaders of disbelief – indeed they have no [commitment to] oaths – that they might cease" (Surah Al-Tawbah, verse 12), said the IRGC would demonstrate its power on the battlefield rather than through empty statements or social media pages.

"We are men of war, and you will see our power on the battlefield, not in hollow statements or social media pages," the IRGC said. "And there is no victory except from God, the Almighty, the Wise."

The warning comes amid escalating war rhetoric from US President Donald Trump, who has threatened in recent days to launch renewed strikes against Iran if indirect diplomatic discussions do not conclude in an agreement.

Iranian Foreign Minister Abbas Araghchi also warned earlier on Wednesday that any return to war with Iran would bring “many more surprises.”

The brutal US-Israeli aggression on Iran was launched on February 28 with deadly airstrikes that hit an elementary school in Minab, assassinated Leader of the Islamic Revolution Ayatollah Seyyed Ali Khamenei, and killed senior Iranian officials and commanders.

The Islamic Republic retaliated to the US-Israeli strikes by firing hundreds of drones and missiles at US-Israeli military and commercial targets across the region.


Press TV’s website can also be accessed at the following alternate addresses:

www.presstv.co.uk

SHARE THIS ARTICLE